Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Remote Search light/ Spot Light

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
Washopay
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1990 3807 Aft twin 7.4 Mercruisers
1984 3207 twin 270 Crusdaers

Remote Search light/ Spot Light

Postby Washopay » May 2nd, 2016, 10:52 pm

Can't see a name on this anywhere and the gears/motor AND bulb are fried on the searchlight for my 1990 3807. I looked online for new but these suckers aren't cheap so I hate toss this one without investigating. Any ideas who made these? Are they repairable?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
SplashyLady
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: Carver 3227 Sedan Convertible
1986 - 260 Mercruisers - Kohler 5E

Re: Remote Search light/ Spot Light

Postby SplashyLady » May 4th, 2016, 8:51 pm

Looks like an old sealed beam unit - probably Marinco/Guest. The sealed beam bulbs are not very good by today's standards. A direct, new replacement would be about $500, but will have a halogen bulb and is much improved. However, you might want to update/replace with a newer design that would be less expensive and probably give better light. See what's out there and consider your options: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ma ... t&_sacat=0
Captain John
Past Commodore, Peninsula Yacht Club
Lake Norman, NC
Carver 3227 - "Splashy Lady"
Aquasport 222CCP - "Gone Fission"

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » May 4th, 2016, 9:12 pm

Use the existing power and get a Go Light with the wireless remote. I put one on my Silverton and worked great. Plus the new LED technology in the bulbs have a more defined beam pattern.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Topic author Canada
Washopay
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1990 3807 Aft twin 7.4 Mercruisers
1984 3207 twin 270 Crusdaers

Postby Washopay » May 7th, 2016, 1:23 pm

Turns out there are no parts available for the 6" spot. Only the 5". Thanks for the advice everyone.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”