Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Factory Rule KL-990 Epoxycop bottom paint

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

United States of America
Knot2fancy
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 360 Mariner bridge

Re: Factory Rule KL-990 Epoxycop bottom paint

Postby Knot2fancy » December 1st, 2017, 9:23 am

I have 2004 360 mariner. Interlux bottomkote pro is what was initially used when new and also used for any touch up which has not amounted to much over the years. I could not find interlux bottomkote pro anywhere and called interlux. They said that that paint was no longer being made and that all existing bottom paint needs to be removed (blasted) in order to apply anything else. This not the answer I was looking for nor am I about to have all bottom paint removed when is just needs touch up. Not sure how to proceed or what product to use and bothered by by being told to remove bottom paint. I’m sure it has to do with solvent based bottom paint and environmental issues. I don’t plan on eating it just painting over it in spots.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Factory Rule KL-990 Epoxycop bottom paint

Postby bud37 » December 1st, 2017, 10:43 am

Welcome to the forum, I think from your location that your boat is in fresh water and hauled for the winter yes?......last year as you have probably read earlier in this thread I mentioned I was going to just light sand and overcoat the waterline and touch up much like what I believe you are asking about......well long story , at haul out this year it is just fine,didn't come off with the pressure washer and performed fine.That being said, I think if you are in salt and your boat stays in all year then it is a different animal ........ :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”