Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Waste and Water fill cap replacements

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
goingjag
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Voyager 28

Waste and Water fill cap replacements

Postby goingjag » December 3rd, 2016, 8:12 pm

New to me 1988 28' Mariner Voyager. 1 owner boat.

He lost the waste and water caps. The replacements he has are a water one that is too small, and a waste one that is too big.

I've searched this forum as well as around the net, Perko and Attwood sites.

I measured the inside diameter of the deck fittings with a micrometer with the waste coming in at 1.749 - 44.38 mm and the water at 1.769 inches 44.98mm.

I suspect the one that is too big is just the wrong thread size, as there are 1-3/4 inch ones out there (rare but there). It had been cranked partly into place but required large water pump pliers to remove I found mention of Atwood as having an odd thread, but found nothing on their site 1-3/4". On eBay I found a 1-3/4 for a Perko speced as fitting a much larger Carver than mine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Re: Waste and Water fill cap replacements

Postby Lyndon670 » December 3rd, 2016, 8:36 pm

Take them out and add new asseblies...simple. Just use Sikaflex or 3M sealant when you reinstall. Much easier than messing around trying to match a cap.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Topic author
goingjag
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Voyager 28

Re: Waste and Water fill cap replacements

Postby goingjag » December 3rd, 2016, 10:07 pm

Thanks Lyndon sounds like a plan given lack of info/availability of the right ones. Hopefully there is enough hose under the deck that I can pull them out and install from above the deck.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”