Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Sundeck Corner Trim Elbows

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405
"Change In Latitude"
Home port - Charleston, South Carolina

Re: Sundeck Corner Trim Elbows

Postby Wayne162 » April 11th, 2017, 9:17 pm

Update on the aluminum corners for the 405. The plastics shop wanted $400 per side to manufacture each corner. I used a specialty metals shop in the past in New Jersey for other projects. I approached them about the missing sundeck corners. The owner is manufacturing my new corners for $250 a piece, they are being made of aluminum and will look like factory replacements upon completion ready to receive the side panels.

:pirate:

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral

Postby g36 » April 12th, 2017, 7:36 am

wonder if it would be some info that you could post so that in case any of us have the same problem in the future we could have this guy remake some too? never thought this design with plastic rivets was great and i worry about the same with high winds etc. and a panel snapping off. last year i am started removing the plastic white rivets and replacing with screws to try and avoid any issues i need to get this finished.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » April 12th, 2017, 5:03 pm

I plan to post info on the pieces I am having made and how to get in contact with the shop if anyone else has the same need.
:usa:

Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » June 5th, 2017, 10:55 pm

I have replicated my starboard sundeck aluminum corner as a mirror image of the port side that I still had following Hurricane Matthew. Currently the machine shop I use for a lot of work is going to fabricate the missing acrylic panel in Lexan (Poly) for superior strength over OEM. If anybody is in need let me know and I can provide information where to get the corners made. :usa:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”