Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

What are they called?

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: What are they called?

Postby g36 » July 14th, 2017, 10:51 am

Wayne162 wrote:I am going through a difficult search for my lost panel. I thought the corners were hard but the panels are harder to find. The panels are 105 " in length, but availability is restricted to 4x8 sheets. Carver no longer has them. I am actually considering aluminum panels that can be painted to match.
:usa:

i know i would be having a very hard time if i ever had a panel break or be lost. i like you wanting the boat to be like new . thats pretty much why i think carver should have done something better like they did on the 406's. these plastic panels were a cheap way in my opinion but it is what it is. thats why i dont feel i can trust those plastic rivets anymore and moved on to screws. my best wishes go out to you wayne
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405
"Change In Latitude"
Home port - Charleston, South Carolina

Postby Wayne162 » July 14th, 2017, 11:05 am

Thanks, a previous owner of my boat replaced a few broken plastic rivets with 1/4 " stainless on the leading edge of the port panel mid-ship. That part of the panel snapped at the point where the panel was held with plastic replaced stainless. The stainless fasteners still are holding what was left of the port panel.

:usa:

United States of America
Low Flyer
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355 MY
Mercruiser Bluewater 454's

Postby Low Flyer » August 10th, 2017, 11:15 pm

Thanks to "jcoll", I was able to purchase and replace my white plastic rivets attaching the aft deck panels. While not easy with one person, I did manage with the assistance of my wife. I only replaced the starboard side panel so far but will move on to the port and aft panels later. The starboard side had a few missing heads so I wanted to be sure and replace those first. The new white heads blend in better after replacement. I ordered the 50 rivet package but only have 33 rivets to replace. Glad I had extras because it took a couple of rivets to get used to the way the rivets set in. I suggest a nail punch to set the final pin below the rivet height. It sets the rivet in tighter for a better lock.
"Water Wings II"
1998 355 Aft Cabin

United States of America
Scienceguy
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 406 aft cabin

Postby Scienceguy » August 13th, 2017, 5:47 pm

I made some from 1/2" PVC tubing. It was a pain but they worked.

United States of America
Scienceguy
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Scienceguy » August 13th, 2017, 6:03 pm

I made some from 1/2" PVC. It was a pain, but they worked.

United States of America
Scienceguy
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Scienceguy » August 16th, 2017, 7:58 am

Hi,

Just to let you know I made some of them myself by cutting off lengths of 1/2" PVC and shaping the ends to fit the rail. It was a pain but they worked great. I also bought a bunch of the hammer rivets online.
Hope this helps.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”