Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1986 Carver 3207 Water system

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

1986 Carver 3207 Water system

Postby ataylor233 » July 16th, 2017, 3:55 pm

I just Recently purchased a carver 3207.1st. i dont see a shore water connection only a water inlet i believe for the tanks.The water pump was bad and disconnected but not replaced no hoses are connected to it ... what would be super helpful if someone took a picture of their system there the pump it .... so i can see what goes where... this is my first carver and i am stomped it looks as if the system was tweaked maybe to bypass the tank .

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Re: 1986 Carver 3207 Water system

Postby mjk1040 » July 16th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Check other 3207's online. Appears shore water was an after market add on and not an OEM option. Simple addition with PEX and quick attach fittings. Then just tee shore water line in after the pump on the outlet line. I would suggest re-plumbing all I could with PEX and quick attach fittings, IMO. Depending on the new tank pump you install, you may have to include a check valve after the pump out let and tee and you will also need a check valve after the shore water inlet depending on the type of shore inlet you decide to install. Many of the new shore water inlets have a check valve and pressure regulator built in. Your tank pump plumbing is simple, line from holding tank goes on the inlet side of the pump. Good luck with your project.
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby ataylor233 » July 16th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Thanks for the help I will open the hatch and take a look at everything closely

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » July 17th, 2017, 9:40 am

If you have the grey plastic water lines, then plan on replacing them all at some point. They will (if they haven't already) start to crack and leak. I replaced all mine with PEX several years ago and am VERY happy I did. It's not that expensive to do and it also makes you find all the nooks and crannies in the boat because you have to follow the old lines to run the new ones.

ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby ataylor233 » July 17th, 2017, 10:47 am

km1125 wrote:Source of the post If you have the grey plastic water lines, then plan on replacing them all at some point. They will (if they haven't already) start to crack and leak. I replaced all mine with PEX several years ago and am VERY happy I did. It's not that expensive to do and it also makes you find all the nooks and crannies in the boat because you have to follow the old lines to run the new ones.

yes i just looked at pex piping and i think im going to take some time and replace everything fist tonight im going to take a long look at everything
thanks for your input was it a hard thing to do?

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » July 17th, 2017, 12:00 pm

It really wasn't hard at all. There were a couple spots that were hard to crimp because there was a "T" in an inconvenient place. I used the copper crimp style though, not the push-on EZ connectors. You're just following the old lines and sometimes can tape the new lines to the old lines to help pull them through a blind area.

Probably the toughest spot was in the rear head. On mine I had to go through like 3 90 degree turns without kinking the tubing... just took a little more time and patience.

ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby ataylor233 » July 17th, 2017, 6:07 pm

km1125 wrote:Source of the post It really wasn't hard at all. There were a couple spots that were hard to crimp because there was a "T" in an inconvenient place. I used the copper crimp style though, not the push-on EZ connectors. You're just following the old lines and sometimes can tape the new lines to the old lines to help pull them through a blind area.

Probably the toughest spot was in the rear head. On mine I had to go through like 3 90 degree turns without kinking the tubing... just took a little more time and patience.

thanks for the insight i like the idea of replacing the pipes just seems like i should on a boat so old

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”