Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

historical trivia - location of second gas tank 1982 3396 mariner

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
denders
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1985 Carver 3607 Aft Cabin

historical trivia - location of second gas tank 1982 3396 mariner

Postby denders » August 7th, 2017, 8:48 pm

Hi all - My wife and I have a 1982 Carver Mariner and at some point the optional starboard auxiliary gas tank was removed. We have all the switches and hardware still hanging in the engine compartment but no tank outside of the main fuel tank in the center of the boat. Anyone have any idea where on the starboard side the tank would have been ?

Thanks in advance

Topic author Canada
denders
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1985 Carver 3607 Aft Cabin

Re: historical trivia - location of second gas tank 1982 3396 mariner

Postby denders » August 11th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Jeff at Carver has come through !!!

Doug,

I talked a few employees who still remember building that model of boat. They all said the same thing, it was a small tank (57 gallons) that sat crossways in the very back on the boat along the transom. They think it sat on a base which was on the stringers.
I hope this solves the mystery.

Jeff Broder
Customer Service Coordinator

I am not only impressed with Jeff , but also the fact they still have staff around from 30 years ago !!

United States of America
csdoty
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1982 Carver 3396 Mariner

Re: historical trivia - location of second gas tank 1982 3396 mariner

Postby csdoty » September 5th, 2017, 1:09 am

The Carver employees are wrong. I have this boat. The starboard aux tank is along the starboard side of the engine compartment running from the wall of the salon to about 15 inches from the inside of the transom. It is outboard of the battery rack.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”