Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

No Water Coming Into the Head

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
MeredithRaymond
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355 Aft Cabin

Re: No Water Coming Into the Head

Postby MeredithRaymond » August 18th, 2017, 9:47 am

Traced the line from both toilets to a tee which led to a valve at the raw water wash down pump, Turned on the pump, problem solved! Thank you all for your help!
'98 Carver 355 Aft Cabin
San Diego, California
:captain: This is my first boat!

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » August 18th, 2017, 10:06 am

Meredith, take a picture of the motors at the base of the toilet. if these are raw water flush, they will have there own pump and you shouldn't have to run the raw water wash down pump. (This would have two tubes coming into the macerator pump and one going out and up to the bowl). It would just require you to move the "t" to before the wash down pump. If they are the quiet flush with solenoid valve (a tube coming through the wall directly to the top of the bowl), I would change them to fresh water flush, they will stay much cleaner and not stink nearly as much.

Topic author United States of America
MeredithRaymond
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355 Aft Cabin

Postby MeredithRaymond » August 22nd, 2017, 12:25 am

tomschauer wrote:Source of the post Meredith, take a picture of the motors at the base of the toilet. if these are raw water flush, they will have there own pump and you shouldn't have to run the raw water wash down pump. (This would have two tubes coming into the macerator pump and one going out and up to the bowl). It would just require you to move the "t" to before the wash down pump. If they are the quiet flush with solenoid valve (a tube coming through the wall directly to the top of the bowl), I would change them to fresh water flush, they will stay much cleaner and not stink nearly as much.

It's one hose going into the pump which has the macerator and one hose that feeds water into the bowl. The hose the feeds water into the bowl traces back to the wash down pump.
'98 Carver 355 Aft Cabin
San Diego, California
:captain: This is my first boat!

United States of America
Loria
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1993 carver express

Postby Loria » April 6th, 2021, 12:07 pm

It would help me also. I cannot locate the valves for the life of me. I am gloved up and on a valve search for two days. I have a vacu flush. No water coming into the head sink shower or toilet so I know it's a valve I just gotta find it. Please someone help. I have a 1993 Carver Express.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » April 6th, 2021, 2:28 pm

Loria wrote:Source of the post It would help me also. I cannot locate the valves for the life of me. I am gloved up and on a valve search for two days. I have a vacu flush. No water coming into the head sink shower or toilet so I know it's a valve I just gotta find it. Please someone help. I have a 1993 Carver Express.

You really should start a new thread instead of bringing up a 4 year old thread.

I didn't see this post until after replying to your other thread. Since you do have a vacu flush, it should be fresh water. If nothing is working, I hate to ask these questions....are you connected to dock water with the water turned on?
If not connected to dock water, do you have water in your water tank and have you turned on your water pump? There is a breaker for it on your 12 volt breaker panel. Most likely, it will say, Pressure Water. I really don't think you have any valves anywhere to turn on unless a previous owner installed them.

Canada
KOOLBEVERAGE
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 3807

Postby KOOLBEVERAGE » June 19th, 2021, 4:03 pm

hi where would the sea cocks be located

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » June 19th, 2021, 9:55 pm

KOOLBEVERAGE wrote:Source of the post hi where would the sea cocks be located

This is an old thread. Which seacocks are you looking for and for what model boat? Most, if not all seacocks are located in the engine room.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » June 20th, 2021, 10:02 am

KOOLBEVERAGE wrote:Source of the post hi where would the sea cocks be located
Welcome aboard. If you're referring to the seacocks for the OEM Crown heads usually found on the 3807, one is behind the starboard engine for the aft head, and the one for the forward head is at the front of the port engine beside the engine raw water seacock.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”