Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Leak

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Rivercaptaing
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1995 carver aft cabin 370

Leak

Postby Rivercaptaing » August 23rd, 2017, 2:42 pm

I have a 1995 carver370 aft with a fresh water leak I've looked at all the fittings that I could find is there any hidden panels, how do you check shower knobs it's coming from stearin under my engine compartment and will leak about 10 gallons in 3 weeks or hanks

United States of America
dsolo
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405 MY
454 EFI Crusaders
Name: La Belle ll

Re: Leak

Postby dsolo » August 26th, 2017, 9:38 am

Is the boat leaking while on shore water or/and potable water??
dsolo
Vessel "LaBelle"
Portage Point Inn & Marina, Onekema, Mi
1997 Carver 405 MY
454 EFI Crusaders

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » August 26th, 2017, 10:56 am

Welcome aboard.

Have you confirmed that it is indeed a fresh water leak from the potable water system plumbing and not rain or overboard water instrusion?

Rivercaptaing wrote:......it's coming from stearin under my engine compartment....

Can you elaborate on this? What is "stearin"? Do you mean stringer or steering such as the rudders?

With your dockside water shut off and your fresh water system pump turned on, does the pump cycle periodically when you're not using any water? if it does, you definitely have a leak or a bad pump. Did you check the hot water tank fittings and around the base of the tank for water? During your absence, do you leave the hot water tank turned on? The tank's pressure release valve will discharge water if it's faulty.

When you leave for the week, do you shut all water sources off; pump and dockside? If you do, the only place you'd be leaking from (fresh water) would be the water tank, hot water tank, or lines from the tank to the pump. Unless it's a bad leak on the pressurized side of the system, they tend not to leak when there's no pressure unless the hot water tank itself compromised.

United States of America
nashvillekat
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 36 1990 Aft Cabin Model Gas Engines

Postby nashvillekat » November 22nd, 2017, 2:00 pm

Viper, can u help me with my leak. check latest posts.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”