Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 396, broken window replacement

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Carver 396, broken window replacement

Postby bud37 » March 21st, 2024, 7:10 pm

First it was Taylormade years back, then Trend Marine in Britain. Not sure who bought who, but a search here could put you onto the up to date info on others that have dealt with the same issue.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
KyleR
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

Postby KyleR » March 26th, 2024, 1:59 pm

I got an email reply from the original poster who said:

"Yes, the replacement was sent from England.   It was covered by insurance (hurricane) and as I recall it was about $1500.   I don't remember much about how I figured this out, I'm guessing it was by calling Carver, or perhaps it was the folk in charge of repairs."

So, at least that's another part of the puzzle! I did reach out to Trend Marine in the UK via email last Friday but I haven't received a response yet.

Has anyone actually removed/replaced theirs? It seems like something I could do, but just looking for any "operating experience" or "gotchas" that I should be looking out for.

I don't see any screws/hardware holding the windows in place, just caulk/sealant. But I know there are sometimes hidden fasteners that you don't see - until you break them! :banghead:

Can I just cut out the sealant and the windows come out? Any tips for reinstall to keep the window stationary while the caulk/sealant cures?

Thanks in advance for any insights!
Kyle
MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

United States of America
Alanna Mo Cree
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 2003 360 Sport Sedan
Twin 8.1Gi Volvo Penta FWC

Postby Alanna Mo Cree » March 26th, 2024, 5:44 pm

Tina Whatling from Trend Marine replied to me fairly quickly back in November. She put me in touch with two gentlemen with Cruisers Yachts, Josh Delforge and Bryan Voelz. Bryan replied within 3 minutes to my email with the Trend part number I needed based on my HIN.

1 x GL8758GY06/7059316 – Stbd Fwd. Lower Side Glass = £465.00 Ex-works (Each)
Shipping & Crating for The Above to Florida, USA = £770.00 Total (DAP)

Please note that the shipping charge quoted above is DAP, therefore excludes any taxes/duties applicable; these charges (if applicable) will have to be paid by yourselves upon receipt of the goods.

Quote Terms:
Currency Quoted: GBP (Pound Sterling)
Quotation Valid 3 months

If you wish to proceed, please kindly fill out the attached form and provide payment by debit/credit card over the phone or by bank transfer.

Delivery:
Ex-works delivery for the above will be approximately 6 to 8 working weeks from receipt of your written purchase order and payment.

This quote was for my 360 Sport Sedan, so not the same window. Hopefully that gives an idea of what to expect though. I am lining up another yard period for the boat and this is on the list to be addressed this time. I took a look at what the work would entail and think it is one of those I'll leave to the pros.
Charlie & Jennifer
Alanna Mo Cree | Apopka Florida
2003 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
Twin Volvo 8.1Gi
Photo Album

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”