Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

TV removal

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Veronicas Express
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver Mariner 350

TV removal

Postby Veronicas Express » September 30th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Hi: I have a 2001 Carver Mariner 350 and I would like to know how to remove the tv from the salon area. It is the original tv from when I purchased the boat, I need to go to a flat screen. Has anyone done this and can they give me instructions please.

Thank You,
Peter

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: TV removal

Postby RGrew176 » September 30th, 2017, 11:07 pm

I am kind of glad that my 81 Carver did not come with a pre-installed TV. I can pretty much put my TV where I want to. I guess if I was buying a newer boat I would want to know how to remove it just in case. Someone here with the same boat should be able to answer your inquiry.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
SanJuanDreamer
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Still Searching

Postby SanJuanDreamer » October 1st, 2017, 12:08 am

I have a 98 Mariner, not sure if the method below will be good for yours...
First, get beer, next Brother-inlaw and I pushed and pulled it until it finally broke from its mount, no damage... :drunk:

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » October 1st, 2017, 5:22 am

Welcome to the forum.......easy , remove the front bottom panel ( 4 screws I think) and look for any screws under the shelf going up towards the tv, remove if there, remove the lip from that shelf if there, disconnect plug, pull tv out then cable/antenna wiring and your done.........it will be obvious after you remove the front panel .....good luck........ :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » October 1st, 2017, 8:57 am

Welcome aboard Peter

United States of America
650Guy
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 396 Motor Yatch
370 Cummins

Postby 650Guy » October 28th, 2017, 9:49 pm

Welcome Aboard Peter, Bud37 is exactly correct. I can send you pictures if you need.

1) remove 2 screws from the bottom of the TV near the front.
2) Remove the 4 screws that hold the piece of wood that is the face of the lower 1/2 of the entertainment area that is over the VCR are (if you had one). you have to remove this cover to access the aft 2 screws.
3) on the underside of the self that the TV sits on, that is now accessible, about mid way, you should see 2 more screws. Simply remove those and your TV now slides out.

I have a 2001 350 Mariner and my winter project is going to be upgrading to a flat screen TV. Would really love to see if you have any creative idea's of modifying the area once you remove the TV. I was thinking of making a formica piece of wood to cover the old hole. Hing it with a piano hing behind the piece of wood. Then make that storage.

Let me know if you need the pictures?

Canada
feeez
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2001 350 Mariner

Postby feeez » October 29th, 2017, 9:43 am

650Guy wrote:Source of the post Welcome Aboard Peter, Bud37 is exactly correct. I can send you pictures if you need.

I did this mod to mine last season. Got rid of the VCR/DVD, and the CD Changer. Made the rest into a shelf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former 2001 350 Mariner owner

United States of America
650Guy
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 396 Motor Yatch
370 Cummins

Postby 650Guy » November 10th, 2017, 7:53 pm

That came out GREAT!!!!! Thank you for posting this! Gives me great idea's for mine!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”