Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Recessed light trim rings 350 Mariner

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
anothernewb
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 350 Mariner
Twin Mercruiser 5.7l Horizon
Garmin 4212

Recessed light trim rings 350 Mariner

Postby anothernewb » October 12th, 2017, 11:07 pm

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to find suitable replacement trim rings for the recessed lighting on my 2000 350 Mariner. So far I have figured out that the light fixtures are Hera E1 and they have discontinued the lights and parts. I did find https://www.eclectic-ware.com/hera-lighting/er1-es1-ecoline-halogen-lights-and-kits.html still sells new fixtures with trim rings but they don't have any parts anymore. Anyone know where I can find these without buying a $22 fixture?

United States of America
Dewmyster
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1998 370 Voyager

Re: Recessed light trim rings 350 Mariner

Postby Dewmyster » October 13th, 2017, 6:07 am

I bought the entire fixture, 3 of them! Wish I had just swapped them all to LEDs.
:usa:

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » October 13th, 2017, 9:59 am

sorry but most likely you wont. these parts are pretty much non existant now, ebay a few cabinet shops to check etc. but i also have a friend thats has asked me to search so i'll be looking too, there may be a chance to save over the $22 each price i did find fixture price of $13 so thats better, i am sure depends on what you want to do . repair or replace. i have made a few calls this morning for parts and will update you on what i find out. luckily my 405 was not used often i did not have to replace any decor rings but i did order some decor rings for back up just in case a couple years ago when the eclectic-ware.com website had them. i did immediately change all over to led bulbs so not to ruin the oem fixtures from the heat from the halogen bulbs. my thought if you have some that are still good is to consolidate them into areas of your boat like a cabin or salon and then if you have to replace with something else the new would be more localized and match fixtures of the same areas.
there is also another post currently about these and a link to a replacement that another member had installed.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
650Guy
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 396 Motor Yatch
370 Cummins

Postby 650Guy » January 12th, 2018, 8:11 pm

I'm knee deep in this same project now. The 350 mariner has some 14 of these fixtures. Replacing a couple simply will look bad, so I'm faced with the price venture of swapping them all. I'm looking to swap to LED's. I have a lot of concerns.

**LED's do not list watt comparisons so how do I know if they will be bright enough?

**Will they mount in the same hole?

**Is there some inverter that I need to make sure I swap out, or its compatible with?

Just don't want to drop 700 bucks and find out they do not work. Ya know?

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » January 12th, 2018, 8:55 pm

A search on this site should answer your questions, we have been thru it in detail, there are retrofits for less that fit perfect that can be done for a fraction of what you mentioned....lots of info and links....I changed all mine, easy....check it out....... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
650Guy
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 396 Motor Yatch
370 Cummins

Postby 650Guy » January 13th, 2018, 8:51 am

Thank you very much! I found the list you are speaking of and have opted for the Warm White "Dream Lights" from amazon. Ordered my first batch of 10 lights that should arrive Monday!! YEAH!!!!

This forum is a savior!!!

:beergood:

Canada
Gtaylor
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 37 Carver, twin cummins 330 diesels

Postby Gtaylor » August 7th, 2018, 1:17 pm

In my 37,I recently had 4 out of 7 of the halogen lights on one circuit go off. The other 3 work. Any ideas on what happened and how to fix?

United States of America
amanphoto
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: carver mariner 350

Postby amanphoto » August 7th, 2018, 8:28 pm

The trim rings are all sold out. You can replace the entire light fixture with these LED's. The screw holes line up and are much brighter. They look awesome. Go with Warm White Led to match the tungsten bulbs your replacing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x12V-2-75-LE ... 2749.l2649

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”