Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3007 Portlight and Forward Hatch Replacements?

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Bruce1
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

3007 Portlight and Forward Hatch Replacements?

Postby Bruce1 » November 29th, 2017, 10:57 am

Hi,

I''m looking at possibly getting a 1981 3007 Aft Cabin. Some of the plastic portlight windows are cracked / broken. Does anyone know if replacements are available and where I might get them from? I tried e-mailing Carver, but they didn't have much information on boats that old.

Same thing on the forward hatch above the V-Berth. Can the broken window part be replaced, or does it have to be replaced as a whole unit?

Great forum! Lots of useful information and nice folks!

Bruce

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: 3007 Portlight and Forward Hatch Replacements?

Postby Viper » November 29th, 2017, 11:58 am

Welcome aboard.
If you can't get anywhere with Carver, contact Bomar/Pompanette as they were probably the supplier for both items. The vintage, measurements and pictures would help them narrow down the model and what current production models might work as replacements. You may also want to look for identifying info in small print etched in the glass or frame.
http://pompanettellc.com/contact/
Claire Simpson has always been very helpful for me in the past:
claire_simpson@pompanette.com

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » November 29th, 2017, 1:35 pm

If they are like my 83, then you can still get the portlights and parts but you probably won't find the hatch. I looked several years ago and could not find one. You can find the same size and just replace the whole thing.

On the portlights, you'll likely have to do a little modification. The new ones have three sets of tabs on top, but the original ones only have two. You just have to cut the middle one off and it will work fine.

You can also get a roll of the rubber seal too. I replaced all of mine many years ago and now they seal real nice.

You can buy them direct from Pompanette, but there are a couple resellers who give discounted prices. I'd have to dig around for the links, but I'm sure if you google a bit with the part numbers you can find them.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » November 29th, 2017, 4:44 pm

Welcome to the forum, Bruce........ :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » November 30th, 2017, 2:53 am

Can't add much to what was already posted. I have the same model and year boat. Fortunately all of my portholes and hatches are in good condition. If you do end up getting that boat I think you will like it. Quite a bit of room for a 30 footer.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”