Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1995 Carver 390 aft cabin to cockpit lock replacement

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Jim L
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 390 CPMY

1995 Carver 390 aft cabin to cockpit lock replacement

Postby Jim L » February 1st, 2018, 3:50 pm

Hi all, I'm looking to either repair, or most likely, to replace the lock on the sliding aft cabin to cocpit door. Lock tumbler moves in and out, and then captures the key, making it very hard to remove; obviously internal breakage. Anyone know where to get a replacement or have had a successful repair? Thanks! Jim

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: 1995 Carver 390 aft cabin to cockpit lock replacement

Postby g36 » February 1st, 2018, 5:53 pm

My carver locks are from perko maybe google their info should be able to replace the locks easy enough. If not you could call carver and they can tell you who supplied it
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » February 1st, 2018, 9:29 pm

It's probably a Mobella (Southco). As mentioned, call Carver with your hull number and they'll give you the part number and supplier.

Jim L
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Jim L » February 2nd, 2018, 9:21 pm

Viper wrote:Source of the post It's probably a Mobella (Southco). As mentioned, call Carver with your hull number and they'll give you the part number and supplier.

Looks like they are made by Adam Rite, discovered that when I pulled it apart. Carver gave me a part number, but it wasn't the right one, or the right manufacturer (Pompanett, they thought or Southco). Of course they may have bought Southco or whomever...confusing. BL, took it to a local locksmith, and they were able to order a new cyclinder for $35. plus shipping from Adam Rite. Cheapest thing on the boat! Appreciate the response, Jim

Jim L
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Jim L » February 2nd, 2018, 9:23 pm

g36 wrote:Source of the post My carver locks are from perko maybe google their info should be able to replace the locks easy enough. If not you could call carver and they can tell you who supplied it

Thanks for the response, not Perko, see my response to Viper below----made by Adam Rite, got away with a cheap fix for a change!! Jim

United States of America
RaRa
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1990 Carver 32 Montego

Postby RaRa » March 11th, 2018, 2:09 pm

I had a Lamp barrel lock on my 1989 Montego 3257. There turned out to be a distributor for builder hardware in Houston. They had it in stock. I made the trip across town and popped it right into boat. I wish everything was this easy!
1989 Montego 3257 @ Galveston Yacht Basin

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”