Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3607 aft holding tank

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
chiroman24
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1983 Carver 3607

3607 aft holding tank

Postby chiroman24 » March 13th, 2018, 9:38 pm

would anyone with a mid 80's 3607 mind measuring and/or take a picture of their aft holding tank please? We recently bought our 3607 as a fixer upper and the aft holding tank was missing. any help would be appreciated! thanks

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 3607 aft holding tank

Postby km1125 » March 14th, 2018, 8:46 am

I have an 83 and had taken some pictures and have measurements in my notes somewhere. let me dig around and see if I can find them. Mine had cracked a while ago and I did a temporary repair while I set about trying to find a good replacement along with all the other hosing. Was going to replace the heads with upgraded models and figured I do the tanks and hoses at the same time.

Topic author United States of America
chiroman24
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1983 Carver 3607

Re: 3607 aft holding tank

Postby chiroman24 » March 14th, 2018, 12:34 pm

km1125 wrote:Source of the post I have an 83 and had taken some pictures and have measurements in my notes somewhere. let me dig around and see if I can find them. Mine had cracked a while ago and I did a temporary repair while I set about trying to find a good replacement along with all the other hosing. Was going to replace the heads with upgraded models and figured I do the tanks and hoses at the same time.

That would be great! Thanks for the effort. Ours is an 83 as well. We bought it in October of 2017 with seized engines and a lot of neglect. Engines are purring like kittens now and the bottom has had blister repair and a fresh paint job, props are tuned and ready, bent rudders straightened etc., so in the water she goes this weekend! The parts of the interior we have cleaned are cleaning up well, so it's looking like it should be a good restoration. I may pick your brain from time to time if you don't mind. It's nice to know what "OEM" is or was!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”