Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

aft deck curtesy lights

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Mystic144
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

aft deck curtesy lights

Postby Mystic144 » April 6th, 2018, 10:16 pm

Recently purchased a 1999 445 aft cabin Carver.
Can not locate the switch to operate the 2 small lights in the aft deck hardtop or the single light at the top of the stairs leading to the salon.
There are 2 swishes to the right of the wet bar, one operates the wet bar light the other apparently does not operate.
I need clarification if this dead switch is in fact the switch for the 3 lights that do not turn on???
Please help.
Thanks
Rene
Mystic CT

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: aft deck curtesy lights

Postby tomschauer » April 6th, 2018, 11:05 pm

cant say for sure, as my boat is different from yours, but my aft deck hardtop light switch is in the storage box next to the cabin door. It is high in the box and not easy to see.
For the stair light, it should be just inside the cabin door. Maybe the bulb has failed?

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Postby mjk1040 » April 7th, 2018, 4:29 am

I don't think Carver would have put a DEAD switch in. It operates lights somewhere, me thinks bulbs are blown somewhere! Been there, done this! You'll find them I'm sure.
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

United States of America
Lobscouser
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: current 1995 Carver 430 ACMY
previous 1989 Carver 38 Santego
previous 1976 Carver 33 Mariner
and various inland and blue water sailing craft on the Pacific and Galveston Bay

Postby Lobscouser » April 7th, 2018, 2:11 pm

My 430 ACMY is similar, the two switches to the right of the wet bar are accessable from the top deck via the removable hatch in the rear top deck seat. One should operate the hardtop lights and is easily tested for continuity.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”