Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 350 engine meter

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Blake
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 Carver 350

Re: Carver 350 engine meter

Postby Blake » August 7th, 2018, 9:44 pm

Ok Bud37, I looked tonight and there is a module between the synch gauge, tach and engine hour gauge.

Since the tach works I am ruling out the sender as the cause. Thinking the module may be the cause.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » August 7th, 2018, 11:03 pm

Looks like there is not much you can do with that one , just replace with kind......hopefully not expensive.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » August 23rd, 2018, 11:30 pm

I believe you are aware, that is the sync module. It "shouldn't" affect your hour meter, but maybe it does.
I would try disconnecting it to see if the hour meter issue goes away.
I am not sure if these modules are still available. Mine failed and I replaced it with a flowscan.

Canada
pepmyster
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
8.1 Volvo Penta
Fresh water boating

Postby pepmyster » August 24th, 2018, 6:02 am

Interesting topic! My hour meters are dead on, but my sync gauge is all messed up, never on the ball, and my hours meters are right on . Hope you find the source thats running the meter while engine not running.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » August 25th, 2018, 10:39 am

Blake wrote:Source of the post Thanks!! I know it doesn’t make sense but when synch gauge works the engine hours works.

Heh there Blake , have you found the replacement part yet ? I am thinking to replace mine as well.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » August 31st, 2018, 9:55 am

My oem guage on my 405 were from beede mine uses this. Yours look like it is too.
black box

https://greatlakesskipper.com/beede-boa ... 7sQAvD_BwE
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » August 31st, 2018, 10:40 am

That looks like the one I have , the only obvious difference is no sticker with all the info on it. The part number ......931654.... matches one of the numbers on the original....might order one and keep original as spare.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » August 31st, 2018, 11:22 am

If the guages look identical my bet is it will work. You could also call beede and talk to them.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » August 31st, 2018, 11:33 am

The gauge I have has two functions ( combo) in the same housing.....top is engine sync and bottom is rudder angle.

United States of America
denpooch
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2005 360 Mariner
Crusader 6.0 Captains Choice

Postby denpooch » August 31st, 2018, 6:12 pm

I have a similar issue and the same combo set up as bud37, without a module.
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed more hours on the starboard engine. I thought it was caused by something mentioned in an earlier post regarding the key in the 'on' position. I then noticed that there is a small blinking 'h' in the meter window when the engines are running (per Viper comment). I discovered that the hours were not synced because the port side is neither blinking nor registering hours. The port meter simply stopped working. The tachs seem to be accurate.
My sync indicator has never run properly, bouncing all over the place, and I wonder if this caused a short of some kind. I spoke with Beede and they sent some wiring diagrams (for a module) but I don't think it's a match for my system. I am at a standstill.
The hours are being registered on only one engine (stbd) and it will take some explaining should I decide to sell at some point in the future.
I have included photos of rear gauges, both sync and port tach.. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Sync guage.jpg
Port Engine Tach.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”