Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forward shower sump replacement

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
ronmar
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1993 350 Aft Cabin

Forward shower sump replacement

Postby ronmar » August 6th, 2018, 11:39 pm

I have a 93 350 Aft Cabin with a forward shower sump pump that died. I have a replacement but after removing the OEM sump I see that a hole was cut on the side and a nipple was installed for the drain tube which I assume is the A/C condensation line It's smaller than the cut out nipples supplied on the sump so that is why it was added. The nipple assembly is held on with a pressure nut similar to a thru hull fitting. My question is after I cut the hole in new sump what type of sealer recommended for the installation?

Secondly, I see a red hose that is not connected to anything lying along side of above. It appears to be dry for a long time and just lying there in the bilge area. I can't see where it runs to on the opposite end. Anyone know what it's for and should it be connected to something? There are no nipple cut outs opened on the OEM sump and the only lines connected are the shower drain, A/C drain, and discharge drain.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Forward shower sump replacement

Postby Viper » August 7th, 2018, 7:16 am

Any good marine sealant will do for the fitting. I'd probably use 3M 4200 or something similar. Is there a hot water heater in close proximity to the red hose? The drain hoses are typically directed into the bilge.

Topic author United States of America
ronmar
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1993 350 Aft Cabin

Re: Forward shower sump replacement

Postby ronmar » August 7th, 2018, 8:25 am

Thanks. I will pick some 4200 up.
Funny you mentioned the water heater. I woke up this morning thinking I wonder if ran to water heater and was going to check this weekend. Sure appreciate to input.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”