Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Windless issue

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
390Express
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1996 390 Trojan Express

Windless issue

Postby 390Express » August 7th, 2018, 12:21 pm

I should have taken pics of the model and the solenoids, but it was late, and hotter than hell up there.

I have power to the helm switch, and power is getting to the windless, but the solenoid switches located near the windless seem to be bad. There is a fusible link that has some corrosion in it (that I will replace), but the fuse is good, I cleaned it off and added some dielectrict grease to it and power seems to be getting past it. The solenoids are located inside a plastic, sealed box with the brand name of the windless on it. Do I have to buy that same plastic box and solenoids, or is it safe to install loose solenoids and wire them separate? Windless motor engages when I give it power.

I thought the brand started with an S (sea star possibly), but should have taken a pic. I'll have one this evening.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”