Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Bilge/Engine Compartment Heater

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Capn Crunch
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver Santego 310
Crusader 350XL injected, Hurth Inboard
Location: On the Mighty Columbia River in the Pacific Northwest

Bilge/Engine Compartment Heater

Postby Capn Crunch » October 11th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Hi all, it's been suggested I use on e during the upcoming cooler weather season. Just not sure what or where to look for. One brand suggestion (unsure of correct spelling) is polnex?

Any ideas on where to find or other safe brands/models for keeping heat in the engine/bilge Compartment?

Thanks
Mark

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Bilge/Engine Compartment Heater

Postby g36 » October 11th, 2018, 8:11 pm

I use them and have for many years. Works gre a t for tennesee where i live boat is in the water year round. You still must check on your boat in case power goes off at the dock. I use my boat year round so I do not do a winterization like alot of people do. I can also remotely monitor my boats bilge and cabin temps with my phone. With that I use boat safe bilge heaters. The are expensive for what they are but you must use ignition protected items in the bilge on gas boat. I have a 1000 watt heater mounted in my engine bay. But Because of my water tank and heater location I also have a 2nd heater in another area of my 405 that would not be heated by the other. Just google bilge heater will be several places to buy on the web.There's other brands like xtreme heaters. Here's a link to what I have.
https://theboatsafe.com
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
SplashyLady
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: Carver 3227 Sedan Convertible
1986 - 260 Mercruisers - Kohler 5E

Re: Bilge/Engine Compartment Heater