Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1984 3207 Aft Bilge location?

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
bmalmquist
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 370 Aft Cabin

1984 3207 Aft Bilge location?

Postby bmalmquist » October 14th, 2018, 7:05 pm

New to my 3207 and am wondering where the aft bilge pump is located and how I might gain access to it? I am not sure how old it is or if it is functioning. I will be bubbling in this winter season and would like to replace it.

Thanks in advance!

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Re: 1984 3207 Aft Bilge location?

Postby buster53 » October 14th, 2018, 10:51 pm

I can't answer your question, but I can tell you this. Carver is very good about putting bilge access points where you least expect them.
You have to open every obvious opening, look under steps, pull out drawers, raise berth mattresses and often the board the mattress sits on. On our old 3807, the forward berth had a board under the mattress and once you got into that space, the bottom of the space had another board that could be pulled up exposing another storage area.
A good chance you will have to pull up carpeting to access other openings as well.
When you start your search, have a good flashlight and figure out the purpose of every hose you see, find all thru hulls and determine what they are for.
On my 356, I have a built in night stand next to the aft berth. You have to remove the drawer to access the aft bilge pump and the only time it turns on is when you start to speed the boat up and any water in the bilge rushes aft. The aft pump is mounted higher than the other two relative to the waterline.

United States of America
Jhawki1
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3207 Aft Cabin. Excellent shape, kept on a lift most of it's life. Mercruisers with 300 hours, Kohler generator

Re: 1984 3207 Aft Bilge location?

Postby Jhawki1 » October 16th, 2018, 10:00 am

It's located in the aft bathroom under a lift up panel. Very easy to get to and replace

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”