Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Glendinning Engine Synchronizer

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Tomb266
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1991 Carver 430 cockpit MY

Glendinning Engine Synchronizer

Postby Tomb266 » January 20th, 2019, 6:26 pm

On my 1991 Carver 430 cockpit MY the surveyor noted a line item for the engine synchronizer. I have never used it, but while tracking down a blow fuse in the engine compartment I was directly under the control unit for the synchronizer and discovered that the previous owner had disconnected the linages to the throttle cables. I plan to check the system out while in dry dock, but I wonder if I shouldn't just remove it all together. There is a gauge on the helm that seems to give a visual indication when the engines are balanced so, I question the need for the synchronizer. Can anyone share their experience or thoughts on this?
The thrill of discovery! 8-)

United States of America
jmm48m60
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002, carver 356 aft cabin, Crusader engs, hurth transmissions
BOAT NAME 'TANKRR'

Re: Glendinning Engine Synchronizer

Postby jmm48m60 » September 1st, 2019, 12:08 pm

I have a 2002 Carver 356 aft cabin, with Crusader engines. Boat has a sync gauge which at a speed ex: 2500 rpm on both tachometers the sync gauge indicates much more starboard … any thoughts

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”