Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

'89 3807 Aft Exhaust Conversion and Aft Windows

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Grady2011
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft w/ Twin 7.4 Mercs and Kohler 9Kw Genset

'89 3807 Aft Exhaust Conversion and Aft Windows

Postby Grady2011 » February 18th, 2019, 9:26 am

I was curious to see if anyone else has been in my shoes on this issue. My '89 3807 Aft had the little holes at the aft port and starboard for the exhaust and AC's. I was getting some serious carbon monoxide through some kind of make shift fiberglass repair to the fiberglass "exhaust chamber." on the starboard side. And the stainless heat shield had come off and was causing some serious rattling and vibration. So I contact the good people at Carver and they sent me an exhaust conversion instructions to put mufflers and go straight out mid ship to bypass the bad design and issue.

So I did the conversion... Love it. So much quieter. BUT.... now I have exhaust leaking through my aft port and starboard windows....

Guess the felts and the windows need to be resealed / rebuilt?! I have no clue how to do it or where to even start.... Pretty frustrating to spend all that money and still have the issue.

Anybody got any guidence? I appreciate it!

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: '89 3807 Aft Exhaust Conversion and Aft Windows

Postby km1125 » February 18th, 2019, 11:21 am

Curious if you have more info on the conversion you did. When you say 'so straight out mid ship', do you mean your exhaust leaves the boat somewhere forward of the stern (as in actually 'mid ship') ? Do you have any pictures from your conversion?

Can't answer the question on the windows though... good luck with finding that out.

Topic author United States of America
Grady2011
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft w/ Twin 7.4 Mercs and Kohler 9Kw Genset

Postby Grady2011 » February 18th, 2019, 11:55 am

I am not good at figuring out how to post things on here. But I can email you the exhaust conversion. Its like 3 pages. Worked out well. If you go to yachtworld or boattrader and start looking at the 3807's you can catch some photos that show the exhaust flanges and that's what they did. According to Carver this was pretty common to need to do this.

United States of America
danreinertson
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 3807

Postby danreinertson » November 18th, 2020, 5:52 pm

Grady2011
Do you still have the exhaust conversion instructions ?

Canada
uchu
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver Santego 2767 - Twin Mercruisers 4.3LX with Alpha-One drives

Postby uchu » November 19th, 2020, 4:33 pm

danreinertson wrote:Source of the post Grady2011
Do you still have the exhaust conversion instructions ?

Grady2011 hasn't been in the forum since April of last year. You may want to PM him, but it's probably a better idea to contact Carver directly.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”