Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Volvo QS BP1200 bow thruster replacement

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

United States of America
Audacia
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2008 Marquis 59

Re: Volvo QS BP1200 bow thruster replacement

Postby Audacia » June 24th, 2019, 3:31 pm

I would give you $200 and pay shipping for the complete gear housing...hoping the parts I need are not the same parts that are broken inside yours.
PM me if you have an interest.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » June 25th, 2019, 6:48 pm

Have you checked with Volvo for a new leg? I had to replace one for a customer and while the part showed none at Volvo, they ended up finding one for me at a dealer overseas. Worth a shot.

United States of America
Audacia
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2008 Marquis 59

Postby Audacia » June 26th, 2019, 7:40 am

Good suggestion....will do

United States of America
rberardinis
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 Marquis 59'

Postby rberardinis » July 10th, 2019, 8:46 pm

I'd like to buy the broken BP 1200. Mine has an axel or bearing problem and I would like to try to rebuild the broken unit so that I have the spare parts to replace my broken parts when I pull the boat. Send me your e-mail or phone number and I will contact you.

Roger 843-696-1183

United States of America
Lou Skyking
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 396MY

Postby Lou Skyking » July 14th, 2019, 12:55 pm

I have 2 or 3 complete systems that I will sell...the gearbox on all three are bad....I know a source that can build new better gears...email me kevinwylie1967@me.com

United States of America
rberardinis
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 Marquis 59'

Postby rberardinis » July 17th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Kevin,

Can your source rebuild one of your BP 1200 lower units? I would like to have an assembly available for the yard to swap with my broken unit.

Roger. 843-696-1183. (We talked last week. Did you get my e-mail?)

United States of America
Hassie
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver Voyager 530

Postby Hassie » September 5th, 2019, 5:46 pm

Hey, I was scouring the internet looking for parts for a 2000 Carver Voyager 530 bowthruster, BP1200 QL, when I stumbled on this forum and joined up. Hey everyone.

The shaft is bent on it, and so I need the shaft and any seals and gaskets that are bad, or the whole lower unit as the upper unit is fine. Do you know anyone that might have this lower unit, or some parts by chance?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

United States of America
Alaska 530 Voyager
First Mate
First Mate

Postby Alaska 530 Voyager » September 5th, 2019, 5:52 pm

Hello, welcome to the Forum. I was part of this discussion earlier. I have a seal kit but I need to hold on to it in case I ever need it. That just reminded me that one of our members sent me a message inquiring about the kit. Very sorry, I forgot to respond. Anyway, please keep us posted and let us know if you find a good Parts Source, or replace it. We would like to know what you replace it with if you do. It's a great Thruster, lots of power. I really appreciate mine. Good luck, Dave.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » September 6th, 2019, 7:56 am

Call Volvo and ask if they can check with their international dealerships. They found me a complete leg for a customer at an overseas dealer a few years ago. Took all summer to get it but it did come. You never know.

United States of America
eburklo
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 564

Postby eburklo » December 9th, 2019, 11:58 am

New to this post! 2003 Carver 564
I have a BP1200 bow thruster. Found water in the oil reservoir. The gear case turns freely.
When the boat was pulled in July and zinc replace, the mechanic said the screw holding the zinc would not tighten all the way. After finding water, I looked at the parts diagram and see the zinc screws into a oil plug. Could it be the oil plug is lose or broken. I called my local Volvo dealer to order a new oil plug kit and was told they are no longer available. Can anyone provide me a source or idea?

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”