Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 41 CMY Questions

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
bobcinga
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2006 CMY 41

Carver 41 CMY Questions

Postby bobcinga » May 1st, 2019, 10:54 pm

We recently purchased a 2006 Carver 41 CMY. I've read in a couple of post that the stairs pull out to allow greater access to the engine area, but can't figure out how to get them out. I read in another post about removing 4 screws but can't find any. Another post said just pull straight out. They don't appear to budge no matter what I do.

My second question relates to aft salon. Facing the bow on the starboard wall there is a standard light switch and another selector switch. What do these control?

Lastly, has anyone replaced their clarion DVD players. All 3 on our boat are not working. Ant suggestions for a replacement?

Thanks!

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Re: Carver 41 CMY Questions

Postby Midnightsun » May 2nd, 2019, 4:30 am

We recently purchased a 2006 Carver 41 CMY. I've read in a couple of post that the stairs pull out to allow greater access to the engine area, but can't figure out how to get them out. I read in another post about removing 4 screws but can't find any. Another post said just pull straight out. They don't appear to budge no matter what I do.

It does pull straight up, no screws. Locate yourself on the upper floor area and get your fingers under the carpeted lip pulling upwards, takes some wiggling moving from back to sides and some strength but it does come out. You do need to move the couch out of the way as the corner just catches it by a couple of inches.

My second question relates to aft salon. Facing the bow on the starboard wall there is a standard light switch and another selector switch. What do these control?

I think you are referring to the aft cabin? If so the switch is the ceiling light and the rotary selector for radio speaker volume control in the aft

Lastly, has anyone replaced their clarion DVD players. All 3 on our boat are not working. Ant suggestions for a replacement?

I replaced mine except in the forward berth however the install was rather elaborate as can be seen in my pictures. That being said, any RV/automotive style DVD will work as a direct replacement.

Thanks!

Congrats on the acquisition, nice boat and welcome to the forum. :-D Take a look at the pictures in my signature as I have a substantial amount of modifications done. Some may interest you. ;-)
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
Cliffm
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 36 MY
"the Condo"
VP 8.1Gi-F

Postby Cliffm » May 6th, 2019, 9:54 am

bobcinga wrote:Source of the post We recently purchased a 2006 Carver 41 CMY. I've read in a couple of post that the stairs pull out to allow greater access to the engine area, but can't figure out how to get them out. I read in another post about removing 4 screws but can't find any. Another post said just pull straight out. They don't appear to budge no matter what I do.

Thanks!

Han's provided excellent details, I just wanted add our 2006 36MY has had both TV's replaced w/Flat screen LED's. Teh main salon clarion DVD player also would NOT function, so we went to Walmart, bought budget HDMI BlueRay player $49USD and hooked up. we may replace the clarion unit in future.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » May 6th, 2019, 12:38 pm

Another thing worth mentioning is many of todays home electronics work from 12vdc but they use a wall wart to convert the 110v . In fact the DVD players I used are Sony of the household variety. cool thing is many of these have netflix and other streaming services built in so you get those also. Trick is to look at the wall wart and see what voltage it is supplying. if it is 12v it is a simple as cutting off the wart and hooking up directly to 12v battery power.

Same 110v/12v thing for my Samsung TV in the Aft cabin. ;-)
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Topic author United States of America
bobcinga
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2006 CMY 41

Postby bobcinga » May 18th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Thanks everyone for the responses. Interestingly I found that when you lift the steps from the salon from the front (that is you facing the stern, the steps just slide right out. However, trying by lifting at the rear standing in door of main cabin facing the bow, they don't even budge!

Just finished installing 3 new blue ray DVD players and the second new television (in the rear stateroom. Glad that is done!

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » May 18th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Those little projects seem little but once you are in the thick of things they get rather involved. Glad you got this part done. :captain2:
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
cmlrfp
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2008 41 CMY

Postby cmlrfp » May 20th, 2019, 3:02 pm

I have the 2008 41 CMY and looking for a refrigerator for the cockpit!!!
Any recommendations from anyone?
Thanks
Robert

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » May 20th, 2019, 11:14 pm

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/isotherm ... ecordNum=1

I bought this one last year to replace my icemaker. The icemaker worked fine but was not really useful. I can fit about 40 12 ounce cans in this, and it keeps them very cold. If I set it above five, the cans (beer) on the top shelf will freeze even in 90 degree outdoor temps.
WM had a 20% off sale last year so I believe I paid just over 800 with tax. Looks like the base price is up a bit this year. But i belive it was worth what I paid and maybe a bit more? Ice cold beer, priceless!!! :drunk:

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » May 21st, 2019, 1:26 am

Nothing beats a cold drink on a hot day.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » May 21st, 2019, 5:07 am

The deciding factor will be space. That being said the options at the time were ice maker, fridge or nothing. I would assume any fridge which is ice maker size will function. The unit used by Carver in 2007 was an Indel CR049NV369. The 49 in the model number is the size however Indel is now Indelwabasto and just to confuse you a little more the refrigeration department is called Isotherm but this looks identical to the one Carver put in mine. https://www.indelwebastomarine.com/int/ ... 9-classic/

Double check cutout dimensions as they may have changed before ordering.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”