Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Crusader antifreeze drains

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Helmsman
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: Temporarily Boatless

Crusader antifreeze drains

Postby Helmsman » June 20th, 2019, 11:45 pm

My manual says the engine block on my Crusader 6.0mpi engine has two drains for the antifreeze. I can’t find them (yet) and would like to know if someone here can guide me. Or better yet, a picture. Have not been able to find an image of them anywhere. Thanks in advance.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Crusader antifreeze drains

Postby km1125 » June 21st, 2019, 7:51 am

There are probably more than two on the engine, but the two on the block should be located just above the oil pan flange and just behind the forward engine mounts.

Helmsman
Commander
Commander

Postby Helmsman » June 22nd, 2019, 9:52 am

km1125 wrote:There are probably more than two on the engine, but the two on the block should be located just above the oil pan flange and just behind the forward engine mounts.

Thanks. I will look for them. There are drains up higher, also, but couldn’t find those. This will help!

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » June 22nd, 2019, 1:31 pm

The higher drains typically aren't on the block. They'd be in the manifolds (1 each) and in the risers (1 each).

There are also drains on the input and output of the raw water pump and at the bottom of the oil/trans cooler (if you have the "U" shaped one), but those aren't antifreeze...just raw water.

Helmsman
Commander
Commander

Postby Helmsman » June 23rd, 2019, 12:13 am

km1125 wrote:Source of the post The higher drains typically aren't on the block. They'd be in the manifolds (1 each) and in the risers (1 each).

There are also drains on the input and output of the raw water pump and at the bottom of the oil/trans cooler (if you have the "U" shaped one), but those aren't antifreeze...just raw water.

Thanks. I have found the ones on the risers and manifolds, just wanted to completely drain the AF since I am replacing the exchanger and the oil and transmission coolers and all hoses.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”