Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 300 grey water

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Tigermaple
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1993 300 aft cabin

Carver 300 grey water

Postby Tigermaple » June 29th, 2019, 11:03 am

Does anyone know how where the grey water tank is in a carver 300? I am not sure it has one, the galley sink discharges over the port side but the head and aft cabin show no discharge. Seems like it might be behind the head but I can't access it. Thanks, Pat

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Carver 300 grey water

Postby g36 » June 29th, 2019, 12:10 pm

I dont have your boat but I bet you probably won't find a tank but rather a sump box that has a pump in it for the aft to pump overboard. Have you checked stbd side aft for a thru hull if no thru hull on port?
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » June 29th, 2019, 3:42 pm

How many deck pump out fittings do you have? I'm guessing one for black water pump out. g36 is probably right. Suggestion...turn on one of those water faucets that don't drain out the side, leave it running and look out the side of the boat to see if it is pumping anywhere. Worst case, it is draining into the bilge and the bilge pump is pumping it out.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » June 30th, 2019, 9:00 am

If the sink doesn't drain directly overboard, it'll drain into a sump as mentioned, so will the shower floor drain, and if you have air conditioning, the condensate should drain into a sump as well. If anything is draining directly into the bilge, that's a no no. Turn on the tap in question and wait a minute for the sump to fill. It should then drain overboard providing the float switch and pump are working and there's power to the unit. If it's not working, it'll eventually overflow and back up the shower drain. There is a weeping hole in the cover and a wire inlet hole where the water will leak out and end up in your bilge. You should have breakers for these on your panel. Look for hatches in the aft cabin floor or under the bed, those are typical areas for mounting sumps.

Some designs incorporate a glassed in manifold where sinks and air conditioners drain into and eventually discharge through the transom under the swim platform.Shower drains in these designs still drain into a sump as their drain are typically lower than the manifold.

Haven't seen many true grey water tank systems where they are pumped out like black water tanks are, at least not in my neck of the woods.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”