Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Fireboy issue - Halon

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
tgebler
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2000 396 AC

Fireboy issue - Halon

Postby tgebler » July 22nd, 2019, 4:15 pm

Last year had a new halon tank installed on my 2000 396 aft cabin. I never noticed but the switch in the control panel was not placed in the on position. This year when I activated the switch, there was a warning buzz sounding at the helm. I see there is a small test button at the helm to the right of the wheel. What am I missing?

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: Fireboy issue - Halon

Postby tomschauer » July 22nd, 2019, 5:40 pm

Look at the tank. There was a plug that connected to the pressure switch on your original tank. Maybe the new tank does not have the switch, or it was not connected during installation.

Topic author United States of America
tgebler
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2000 396 AC

Postby tgebler » February 3rd, 2021, 8:15 am

So I am updating this post. After many back and forth emails with Fireboy personnel, its turns out that when the tank was installed the mechanic simply failed to connect the wires from the tank to the alarm. He merely wrapped the wires around the tank which I could not see until getting my head in the area and pulling on the wires. I connected the tank wires to the wires connected to the alarm at the controls and, voila, everything worked. Who knew??

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » February 3rd, 2021, 9:00 am

Thanks for posting the fix and congrats on solving the issue. :down:
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY