Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Replacing the port bilge blower 370 Voyager

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
LaBomba
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 370 Voyager

Replacing the port bilge blower 370 Voyager

Postby LaBomba » August 17th, 2019, 8:59 pm

While on a one week trip this past week I decided to check all the bilge blowers as I could only hear the generator blower from the bridge. Upon inspection I found out that both engine room blowers were not working. I first ruled out the switch and breaker and found power to the blowers so assumed both were just burnt out. I arranged to have two blowers delivered to the marina we were at and then installed the starboard one as access was somewhat easy. My problem now is getting to the port side blower as it is outboard of the port engine and behind the water tank and under the fridge and cupboards so no access from the top. i'm not sure it can be removed without removing the hot water tank?? Has anyone done one of these??
Allan

United States of America
Cricket
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse

Re: Replacing the port bilge blower 370 Voyager

Postby Cricket » October 2nd, 2020, 9:14 pm

I have a similar problem in my 530. None of the blowers are working. They are wedged between the fuel tanks and the hull and are essentially impossible to reach.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”