Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Help- 355 Aft Cabin Icemaker- how do you winterize?

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Help- 355 Aft Cabin Icemaker- how do you winterize?

Postby Viper » November 16th, 2019, 9:35 am

tomschauer wrote:Source of the post Just to clarify, there is no shut off valve for the sink and icemaker. You will need to remove the back of the aft cabin closet, cut in a valve and a "t" with a valve to drain the water from the line.

+1
The 355 also had a raw water washdown option with a faucet located to the port of the ice maker/sink cabinet. If you have this option, the faucet and some of the line going to it will be exposed to freezing temps. You may want to consider winterizing that entire system.

Topic author United States of America
Plum
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1996 Carver 355 Aft Cabin

Postby Plum » November 18th, 2019, 10:51 pm

Spent hours last weekend trying to figure out where that line was. We disassembled the clause that in the after bedroom could not find it. We actually found it in the Wall panel behind the couch. I have a handy man installing the T this week so that we can shut off water at that point. As a no to everybody and everybody may already know this when I pulled off the ice maker grill on the front I found the quarter inch pic line in merely touched it and it crumbled in my fingers. My Carver is a 1996 so obviously those lines don't last forever thou be something that I can change out in the Spring. If you have a boat of similar age may want to think about changing your line out as well.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » November 19th, 2019, 6:52 am

Yep it's common for that type of line to get brittle over time. Good thing you caught it now.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”