Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Need windscreen for a 2001 356

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
thp1957
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 356
Cummins Diesels

Need windscreen for a 2001 356

Postby thp1957 » May 5th, 2020, 8:58 pm

My windscreen was mostly destroyed in a storm in Panama City, FL. The supplier Carver sent me to does not / cannnot / will not make one.

I have some of the plexiglass, 5he bottom rail, and what’s left of the top rail.

Looking for any suggestions.

Thank

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Re: Need windscreen for a 2001 356

Postby Tireless » May 6th, 2020, 9:47 am

I was looking for some new weather stripping for my flybridge wind screen and Carver turned me onto a company called Aluminum 2000, now also using the name Pompinette, 1-717-569-2300. They apparently made most of the windscreens for Carver.

I am not able to speak to them as yet, due to the Covid situation, appears they are closed.

Not sure, but maybe this is who you called. If they won't build you one, maybe they have the moldings and parts still that you could purchase and you could have someone fabricate one for you, but that may be pricey.

Just a thought. Good luck with your project.

Greg

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » May 6th, 2020, 4:04 pm

A good plastics fabrication shop should be able to come out and pattern what you need. If stainless steel work is needed as well, look for a welding shop that will come out and do the work on site.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » May 6th, 2020, 9:48 pm

My wind screen on my 355 is in good shape, but I looked at it after I replaced my bridge enclosure a few years back and thought, next time I do this, I may remove the windscreen have the top of the enclosure moved front about 10" and have the front clear vinyl go down to the fiber glass with a slightly rearward taper. Then you don't have that smoked plastic to clean, the reward taper will keep dirty water from running down over your front vinyl.
Maybe consider that?

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”