Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

39MY Side Door Positioning Pin broke off

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
rrueckl
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 39MY 2005

39MY Side Door Positioning Pin broke off

Postby rrueckl » May 16th, 2020, 11:35 am

The exterior side entry door to 39MY has a spring-loaded hard plastic pin that snaps into a catch plate in the floor. The pin travels the full height of the door about 24" and has snapped off on the bottom. It's not clear how to remove and replace the pin. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this? Thanks!

United States of America
DanM
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Carver 396

Re: 39MY Side Door Positioning Pin broke off

Postby DanM » May 20th, 2020, 7:54 am

Hi rrueckl, This came up a number of months ago on this forum. I had the same problem and shared my experience on a resolution. You can find the thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4521&p=33251&hilit=396#p33251

If you have additional questions feel free to reach out to me. Happy to assist if I can.
Dan

Carver 396
SugarSand Tango

Topic author United States of America
rrueckl
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 39MY 2005

Re: 39MY Side Door Positioning Pin broke off

Postby rrueckl » June 13th, 2020, 1:00 pm

Thank you DanM. After posting I called a Carver dealer and they have ordered the part for me. Sounds like they have to fabricate it. Wish I had seen your post a bit sooner as the part # would have been really handy as they made the wrong part the first time around. Still waiting for correct part but am expecting this will solve my problem. Thanks again!!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”