Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 3227 Exhaust Mufflers?

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Coastie78
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985 32' Carver Model 3227

Carver 3227 Exhaust Mufflers?

Postby Coastie78 » June 16th, 2020, 8:52 am

Good morning, I am looking to replace my 3227's mufflers/exhausts? I put a question mark because I am not sure if they are mufflers or just echo chambers! They are approximately 30 inches long, 10-12 inches wide black plastic that run from the riser hoses to the muffler out the rear outlet pipe. Searching on line, I can't seem to find a similar replacement, the only thing I can find is the Centek vernalift mufflers. But those seem to be for boats with mufflers below the waterline. Mine are at or just above the waterline. Any and all info, as always is greatly appreciated.

United States of America
SplashyLady
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: Carver 3227 Sedan Convertible
1986 - 260 Mercruisers - Kohler 5E

Re: Carver 3227 Exhaust Mufflers?

Postby SplashyLady » June 16th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Yes - those are the mufflers! If you think the engines are loud with them - you should hear them without mufflers - wake the dead! :-O

Centek makes some similar replacements, the 301985VRD004 is pretty close. About $300 each. Centek also makes a more deluxe (quieter) version that is 2-stage called the Vernatone MKII part # 1420400 - these will set you back about $700 each.

Soundown has a great reputation but I don't think they offer and inline replacement that would fit without some work. Their water drop mufflers work very well, but you would need to do some reconfiguration of the exhaust hoses to make them fit.

A 3rd option is Ventus - I don't know much about them - they are popular with sail boats and in Europe. Their DEMPMP100 would be a close replacement to the original. You need the 105mm version (4") and Ventus is usually pricey.

"Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer chances"
Captain John
Past Commodore, Peninsula Yacht Club
Lake Norman, NC
Carver 3227 - "Splashy Lady"
Aquasport 222CCP - "Gone Fission"

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”