Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1995 355 weathershield fastener

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
kbigger
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: '95 355 w/crusaders

1995 355 weathershield fastener

Postby kbigger » August 5th, 2020, 10:16 am

Hello,
We have a 95 355 that encountered some wind damage. the weathershield around the upper aft deck pulled loose during a storm. Being a 95, Carver couldn't help with parts. Was wondering if anyone on the boards has had a similar issue. The shield seems to be attached with some pop rivet/toggle/standoff combination that attaches the weathershied to the hand rails, which carve no longer makes or stocks.

Thanks in advance, great forums!

Keith

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: 1995 355 weathershield fastener

Postby g36 » August 5th, 2020, 8:21 pm

Here's a link to some discussions of the same problems on other carvers. Theres the info that a member posted for exact matches of the rivets from on page 2. I had ordered some for my 405 about 3 years ago and carver had them in stock however I quit using the rivets after seeing its impossible to replace the acrylic panels to match if one blows off , do to the rivet letting ago. I have now used screws and plastic washers with white screw covers. Youll also find some more info if you put rivet in the search ,..... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2281&hilit=Rivets&start=20
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”