Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Window Edge Trim

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
Balticsailer
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1976 Carver Santa Cruz 2566
Power: 351 Windsor with electronic points conversion
Drive: MC1 Outdrive
Prop: Turning point 15x15x4

Window Edge Trim

Postby Balticsailer » August 11th, 2020, 8:49 am

Hello to all members.

I am working on a Santa Cruz 2566 that I've owned for 4 years now with a few upgrades.

Issue at hand is finding a window seal for the side quarter glass set in a wooden window frame.
It would seem that someone had used marine caulking to hold the glass and seal it in place at some point in its life. The wooden window frames are routered to except a rubber seal, much like the rear galley window that swings down, and out to the deck.

Does anyone know a part number? Or a company that I can source the seal from?

Cheers,
1976 Carver Santa Cruz 2566

United States of America
Jangocat
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1975 28' Carver Santa Cruz, Flybridge,twin 302 Waukasha inboards, shaft drive

Re: Window Edge Trim

Postby Jangocat » August 13th, 2020, 6:44 pm

Can you post a picture of what you need? We just replaced the up tracks on the sliding windows on our 1975 Santa Cruz. Don't know if they're the same as yours. Jim

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”