Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Swim platform ladder

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
Sam
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1996. Carver 320 Voyager. twin Crusader 350XL.

Swim platform ladder

Postby Sam » August 14th, 2020, 11:33 am

Hi everyone
Does anyone have any ideas for a different setup on a Voyager 320 swim ladder configuration? Oron how to replace it altogether.
Thanks.
Sam

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Swim platform ladder

Postby g36 » August 14th, 2020, 2:39 pm

I put a under platform ladder on my boat way better than the oem piece of crap.something like this either 3 or 4 steps.since hole pattern won't line up i used 2 strips of thick aluminum so I could reuse the oem mounting holes and screws and mounted the new ladder to the aluminum and screwed it to the boat.
https://www.iboats.com/shop/garelick-un ... forms.html
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
wkeith
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 466 Aft Cabin MY

Postby wkeith » August 15th, 2020, 10:05 am

Adding to Sam's post has anyone changed out the swim platform 3 step ladder for a 4 step ladder in the same space?
Current ladder picture attached.

Walter Keith
M/Y Very Bullish II
Carver 466
Nashville
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » August 15th, 2020, 12:20 pm

Since you're talking about ladders and modifying them...

I'm wondering if anyone has thought to put a waterproof switch in place so you can tell when the ladder is stowed or not.

It could be wired so that it sets an alarm if the ladder is down and the boat is put in gear (just by tapping into the neutral safety switch). I'm surprised by the number of boats I see cruising with the ladders dangling behind the boat.

United States of America
kamakazerc
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: proud new owners of a 1988 3607 aft cabin,as of august 2018, and still have at this time our 1980 mariner 2896

Postby kamakazerc » October 14th, 2020, 3:43 pm

Wow Admiral, that's the same ladder I just installed after I rebuilt my swim platform. Much cleaner look and more room on the platform!
Except we're getting older, so I used the four step. Easier to step into when your in deeper water. I also love the spring loaded lock, so you don't have to use a Velcro strap.
I will say , I got mine on Amozon for $79. But it must have been a fluke, because I just cked, and the four step isn't available right now. :(
Oh, and a ladder down alarm is a great idea ! I left mine down twice this summer, on a 7mile hike back from our favorite beach. I'm an automotive electrician, so it probably won't be hard to figure out!
So, Sam,. Hope our experience with these, helps you figure out what to do.
Happy boating !!!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”