Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

OK, 'nudder dum question

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
edw
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1983 3607

OK, 'nudder dum question

Postby edw » November 2nd, 2020, 6:51 pm

Does anyone know anyone who can/will make custom quilted mattress covers? I need two made for my fwd mattresses in my '83 3607. The mattresses themselves are in great shape, but are vinyl and wouldn't make great sleeping surfaces. It looks like the former owner shot a lot of vinyls and used their hides to recover these mattresses (and the triangle plug) as well as all of the cushions in the settee cubicle. Also, what do you use for sheets and blankets in the v-berth?

Boy, I'm getting smart listening to you guys! :usa:

Ed

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: OK, 'nudder dum question

Postby g36 » November 3rd, 2020, 9:42 am

If your not inclined for diy or ask around for a friend that sews then there's tons on the internet. Just Google. Heres one company...https://www.boatbeds.com/
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » November 3rd, 2020, 9:52 am

If you have any auto upholstery vendors in your area, they can easily do it. I just use common sheets and blankets in the berth. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » November 3rd, 2020, 11:36 am

edw wrote:Source of the post Does anyone know anyone who can/will make custom quilted mattress covers? I need two made for my fwd mattresses in my '83 3607. The mattresses themselves are in great shape, but are vinyl and wouldn't make great sleeping surfaces. It looks like the former owner shot a lot of vinyls and used their hides to recover these mattresses (and the triangle plug) as well as all of the cushions in the settee cubicle. Also, what do you use for sheets and blankets in the v-berth?

Boy, I'm getting smart listening to you guys! :usa:

Ed

Just about anybody who can run a sewing machine could make one for you. Any local places that do clothing alterations would probably take it on. Just buy a regular queen size one from a store, make a pattern of the top of you mattress with some heavy paper and take both to some local shop that sews. They could probably knock it out in less than an hour.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”