Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Help! Just purchased a 3607 and am having trouble figuring out what seacocks go where!

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Help! Just purchased a 3607 and am having trouble figuring out what seacocks go where!

Postby km1125 » November 12th, 2020, 1:51 pm

longislandcarver wrote:Source of the post
km1125 wrote:Source of the post
longislandcarver wrote:Source of the post\
This is also directly in front of the starboard engine (this one looks promising as it looks like it is designed to hook a hose up to to pump in antifreeze - still can't figure out what it goes to though - turning it off did not seem to effect the head).
carver_5653510698873366468_n.jpg

Does the boat have a generator?? I'm trying to figure out what that is on the left side of this picture. Could that be part of the generator or the muffler for the generator?

Good eye, yes that is the generator, although it hasn't run in a few years so I am not worried about winterizing it.

Well I was wondering if that open hose barb might have connected to the generator. It's hard to tell from the pic if that seacock is in the right place for the starboard engine, or if it was a different one that would have been used for a generator. Looks closer to the keel than the normal starboard intake.

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Re: Help! Just purchased a 3607 and am having trouble figuring out what seacocks go where!

Postby mjk1040 » November 15th, 2020, 7:44 am

I'd still put some RV Antifreeze in the fresh water tank and pump it thru the system so the pump, tank and plumbing is protected.
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

United States of America
Steve KnotSane
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3607 - Aft Cabin

Postby Steve KnotSane » February 28th, 2021, 3:27 pm

Just sent you a PM - I have the same boat - hopefully it helps you out a bit...
Steve
KnotSane
Albany, NY
1986 Carver 3607

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”