Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

356 Breaker Cover help

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
V12diablo
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 356 Aft Cabin

356 Breaker Cover help

Postby V12diablo » November 20th, 2020, 3:16 pm

When I bought my 356, one of the sliding mirror panels was removed. I tried reinstalling it by putting the top in first and trying to lift it and sliding the bottom in like you normally would do on a sliding panel but it would not go up high enough to do that. Does any one have an idea on how to reinstall it.
[image]
[/image]

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 356 Breaker Cover help

Postby bud37 » November 20th, 2020, 7:37 pm

Now I don't have this same boat but.......is it possible to remove the screws from either the lower or upper track sections, move the track back, insert the glass then slide the track with the glass in, back in place...then refasten the track.....just an idea.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

V12diablo
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby V12diablo » November 20th, 2020, 10:04 pm

I will have to check that out.

Jason

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » November 21st, 2020, 3:31 am

Have you tried installing at several locations of the track as the height between the rails could very well vary from one end to the other. Or try installing from the inside out.

Normally it should install as you initially described. Bud's suggestion will work fine but the problem of removing/reinstalling remains.

Personally I would run it through a table saw and remove/shave off a wee bit so it works as intended. Obviously I assume this is mirrored plexiglass. Lay down some paper towels under the mirror to avoid scratching it when sliding on the table saw. ;-)
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

V12diablo
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby V12diablo » November 21st, 2020, 7:15 am

I will check to see if there is a better spot to install it. If not I will probably try to shorten it slightly as you suggested.

Jason

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”