Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Water filters

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
tgebler
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2000 396 AC

Water filters

Postby tgebler » February 26th, 2021, 1:53 pm

Do most people use a water filter and if so, do you use them for the dock water and/or filling the tank?

We generally use bottled water for any cooking or drinking but I am curious about an option to use the "boat water."

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Re: Water filters

Postby buster53 » February 26th, 2021, 2:03 pm

My filter is mounted on the piling right next to my dock faucet so all my water is filtered. I’ve never worried much about water and I use the shore water for everything including cooking and drinking. Have only had a filter for the past few years...first 20, no filter and haven’t died yet.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » February 26th, 2021, 2:35 pm

Similar to Buster. We didn't use a filter for years, and just filled the tank with the shore water. A few years ago I converted to using shore water and included an inline filter (just one of the regular RV type) in the hose going to the boat. Made others on the boat feel like they had "treated" water but I didn't really notice a difference. Used that water for everything, except for washing the boat. I didn't feel the boat wash water needed to be filtered. ;)

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » February 26th, 2021, 2:41 pm

No filter at my dock either but maybe you could inquire at the dock what their source is and if not the rv type is cheap and works fine use these on my rv.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author United States of America
tgebler
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2000 396 AC

Postby tgebler » February 26th, 2021, 3:30 pm

Thanks to everyone.