Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Throttle cables for 89 2767 Santego

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
deviouslittleone
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 2767

Throttle cables for 89 2767 Santego

Postby deviouslittleone » May 23rd, 2021, 5:11 pm

:banghead: hi everyone, I'm fixing another person's "diy special" I have an 89 santego 2767, spend last year rebuilding carbs, new water pump and impellers, tune up fresh oil, plugs cap...the works!! I'm a pretty handy girl :blush: but my next fix is the shifters. They are pretty much garbage, bought a used (mid 90's) set of mercruiser shifters and thought because they were hard to shift driving past year I'd just replace the cables as I suspect they are the issue.
Does anyone know a part # or length of what I'd need? Thought I'd order before I start pulling old ones.
Any advice?

Thanks
Deanna

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Throttle cables for 89 2767 Santego

Postby bud37 » May 23rd, 2021, 6:02 pm

Welcome....can you post your engine and drive package, it may help the guys with answers.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Throttle cables for 89 2767 Santego

Postby Viper » May 23rd, 2021, 10:22 pm

I suspect you have sterndrives? Are they Mercs? If so, the most common cable issue is with the lower cable from the engine to the drive. There is only one size and it fits all. The upper cable from the engine to the shifter is the one who's length depends on the application. If you look close at either end of the cable, there will be a number stamped on it indicating the type and length in inches.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”