Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver propane feeder system

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
LAZ
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3077

Carver propane feeder system

Postby LAZ » June 23rd, 2021, 1:57 pm

Hi Guys, Thanks for your guidance a couple seasons ago on zincs etc. Very helpful! This time it is the propane feed to the stove and oven on my 3077. Lots of propane after recent fill but nothing is getting thru to stove. I am useless with figuring out what may be the problem. Supposed to be going out this weekend with another couple, and being unable to cook would likely be a deal-breaker. Any ideas on how to figure out if solenoid is shot, or reg, or....would be hugely appreciated! Thanks in advance on any assistance!

Topic author Canada
LAZ
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3077

Re: Carver propane feeder system

Postby LAZ » June 23rd, 2021, 6:31 pm

Hi Folks. Please cancel last request. I fingered it out!

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » June 23rd, 2021, 8:18 pm

Enquiring minds want to know, what was the remedy? System not turned on, bad switch or breaker, air in the line, bad connection??

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » June 25th, 2021, 11:25 pm

Yeah, clue us in on the solution. A teaching moment for us all.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Great Britain
PossiblyPaul
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Hornbill III
1988 Carver 2827 Voyager,Volvo Penta TAMD31 engines.
Ardglass Marina, County Down

Postby PossiblyPaul » July 2nd, 2021, 5:39 am

I'm not sure if similar strictures apply in Canada or the US, but in the UK, no gas fitter will touch a 'marine' installation unless they're specifically certified to do so. I took out the gas cylinder and its plumbing in my stern locker to fix the locker more securely, but fearing gas mightily, tried to find someone to do a proper job reconnecting it all - not a chance in my part of the Emerald Isle. Many Youtube videos later, I have a working connection, but insurance will be compromised unless I can find someone with the appropriate rubber stamp, so no cooking for a while. Looks like I'll have to make a trip over to the Isle of Man ...
Funga Safari

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » July 2nd, 2021, 6:50 am

We do 99.9% of our cooking on the bbq that hangs on the rail with the little propane bottles. Prefer to keep the heat out of the cabin!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”