Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Galley Bilge

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
schulte54
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 356 my

Galley Bilge

Postby schulte54 » July 19th, 2021, 3:43 pm

Front Bilge Pump (Galley) I found with a hose off and water in the dipped lower area under the galley floor panel. The pump works, but water sits below it or is that small black hose supposed to be there to suck up that little bit of water and the hose just became detached?

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Galley Bilge

Postby Viper » July 19th, 2021, 10:11 pm

Would have to see a picture of your setup but if it's a typical bilge pump, you'll always have a little water left as the pump doesn't get it all.

United States of America
Wsullivan71
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 404 Motor Yacht

Postby Wsullivan71 » July 22nd, 2021, 1:22 pm

I've just started to have the same problem and I am thinking it is the condensate drain from the salon AC unit. It appears to drain into that area and the bilge pump can't get it all out.

Liechtenstein
chpsk8
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver Aft Cabin Motor Yacht... Hull #001

Postby chpsk8 » July 23rd, 2021, 11:52 am

My front bilge is similar. The pump and float sit on a ledge which means I can’t get the last three inches of water out of it. Some days I get water in there, others I don’t. No pattern that I can figure out. DrIves me crazy.
I have a small sump pump I throw in there every once in awhile and suck it all out and drain it into the sink. Keeps the smells down.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”