Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

396 aft holding tank and lines

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Brazil
Hugo
First Mate
First Mate

Re: 396 aft holding tank and lines

Postby Hugo » January 18th, 2017, 11:26 am

Start using Noflex Digestor in your holding tanks.

I replaced hoses only to have problems again a few years after on a 444 (same as 396). No need to replace hoses again if you use this as it dissolves the waste completely instead of just adding perfume.

My tanks became clean after a few months of usage. I also don't use the vents anymore, I just removed all the internals of the vent. In the aft stateroom if you look at where the vent is it'll get full of waste every time you go on plane if tank is more than 2/3 full. As soon as the carbon in the vent becomes wet it's useless. Now I just stick a garden hose in the vent at end of season and back flush it into the tank.

Read about it here:

http://www.gemini-ltd.com/index.php?p=product&id=715

I think you can get it on amazon now, I normally got it from fisheries supply.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: 396 aft holding tank and lines

Postby g36 » January 18th, 2017, 11:50 am

+1 no flex is good stuff been using it 4yrs now
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.