Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2019 C37 Paint chipping and oxidizing

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
lakeerierocks
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2019 C37 Coupe diesels

2019 C37 Paint chipping and oxidizing

Postby lakeerierocks » August 2nd, 2021, 2:05 pm

We just bought our new to us C37 - had 38 hours on her, great shape. She has a black roof, grey hull. Looks like a Batmobile Boat! :)
The day we took possession, some dock mates of the previous owner told us that Carver had come out to repaint the top just 2 months earlier. At Carvers expense. We didn't think too much of it, though it was not disclosed by the previous owner. Everything passed inspection.

It is now 2 months later and the top part of our hull is chipping, cracking, oxidizing - like a 18" square piece! No idea why - we have only been washing the boat so far. We called the broker who told us to call Carver cause its a warranty issue. Duh.

But Carver is not exactly easy to get ahold of. They sold their assets, who is holding the liabilities and warranties? Anyone know? Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Topic author United States of America
lakeerierocks
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2019 C37 Coupe diesels

Re: 2019 C37 Paint chipping and oxidizing

Postby lakeerierocks » August 2nd, 2021, 2:07 pm

If I can figure out how - I will post pictures. lol

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: 2019 C37 Paint chipping and oxidizing

Postby tomschauer » August 2nd, 2021, 4:08 pm

I hope I'm mistaken, but with the double sale of Carver and the discontinuing of the brand name, I fear you will not get any warranty support. Items built by others and installed by Carver should still be covered by the manufacturer (such as engines) if they are still within the warranty period.

Good Luck!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”