Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Holding tank vent filters

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
ragreg
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 404 MY

Holding tank vent filters

Postby ragreg » September 24th, 2021, 7:31 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know where the holding tank vent filters are located on a 2001 404? There are in the parts manual but I cannot seem to fine them on the boat.

Thanks in advance for any clues.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Holding tank vent filters

Postby bud37 » September 24th, 2021, 7:47 pm

May have been an option.......follow the vent line from the tank to the thru hull......serviceable part so should not be hidden.

We will see if someone with the same boat chimes in.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » September 24th, 2021, 8:04 pm

Welcome aboard. Ya it wasn't a given that they were actually part of the build. As bud said, to find out for sure, follow the vent line though it may go off behind something that causes you to lose sight of it. I'll flip what bud said though, they aren't always as accessible as you'd think they'd be. I've seen them in all kinds of places including behind wall panels that you'd have to unscrew to get to, you'd never think to look there. You may see the vent line go in that direction but would never think something would be installed behind the wall. Hopefully someone with the same model/year will chime in and give you an exact location for you to check. Having said that, things don't always end up in the exact same spot, even in the same model/year. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Topic author United States of America
ragreg
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 404 MY

Postby ragreg » September 24th, 2021, 8:21 pm

Many thanks for the responses. I followed the line as far as I could and took off a couple of wall panels. If they are installed, they are hidden quite well…

I will dig a little deeper but it seems like I may not have them.

Thanks again.

United States of America
mjmason1
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver Voyager 530

Postby mjmason1 » October 17th, 2021, 9:27 pm

Can you get to the vent line on the holding tank? My boat didn't come with them. I cut them in on top of the tank. I change them every year.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”