Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Window felt track Replacement on Carver Voyger 3326

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Kmj7783
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1979 Carver Voyger 3326

Window felt track Replacement on Carver Voyger 3326

Postby Kmj7783 » September 30th, 2021, 8:17 pm

I am wondering if anyone has any idea how to get the Salon and Galley windows out of a 1979 Carver Voyger 3326? I need to replace the felt trim that is all moldy and rotted.
Any help is greatly appreciated

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Window felt track Replacement on Carver Voyger 3326

Postby km1125 » September 30th, 2021, 10:46 pm

You may not have to take them out. There are a few other threads on here about replacing that stuff, and it's called "zipper pile weatherstripping". If it looks like little brushes, then they make a really nice snap-in that's easy to replace. I just grabbed an end of the old stuff with some needlenose pliers and pulled on it and it all came out. It slides in a tiny track in the side of the windowframe. The new stuff you just snap in place, then slide it back and snap in the next part, then slide that back and keep going until you have that section complete. It took me longer to clean out all the crap that was built up under the old rotted stuff than it did to put the new stuff in. Went surprisingly easier than I ever thought it would and the new stuff worked AWESOME.

Here's one thread, but there are others:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4335&hilit=felt

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”