Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Refrigerator replacement

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 39 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Refrigerator replacement

Postby tonyiiiafl » October 24th, 2021, 3:46 pm

I know we have been here a few times, but I am ready to replace the original 1994 Norcold 110V/12V fridge. A little rust, works good, but I am sure it is getting tired. I have seen many models, Norcold, isotherm, Vetrigo. After pulling mine out today I have an idea of what would fit. I can also remove the cubby on top for another 8" verticle clearance. What do you all have and was there any modifications needed? 1994 390 CPMY, Attached is the view behind the fridge. The Norcold has it's deepest point at the bottpm, so these wires dont interfere with placement. However from what I saw they would with the Vetrigo.
IMG_2939.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Refrigerator replacement

Postby g36 » October 24th, 2021, 4:19 pm

I have this vitrifrigo in my 405 and will recommend it highly. Its 8.1 cu ft and has a good warranty. If I remember I had to enlarge the opening about 1" for it to fit. If you like ice cream on the boat this keeps it solid.....https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=1262894
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author United States of America
tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 39 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Postby tonyiiiafl » October 24th, 2021, 5:05 pm

I was leaning towards this. Did you have the wires behind it as I do?

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » October 24th, 2021, 10:48 pm

Yes I do , but you have more than me. I believe in my case they would be for a lower helm which I dont have. Verify your compartment size for sure. I think you'll be happy with it. It's been great for us.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » October 25th, 2021, 10:37 am

Just an FYI... but I just got an email from West Marine that it's the "Last Day to Save on Marine Appliances" to "Save on appliances and cabin upgrades and bring the comforts of home on board."

I didn't even know they had a sale going on, but if they'd even come close to other vendors in the price for the unit you want then the savings on shipping could make a substantial difference, especially on these bigger fridges! They might even price match, and their shipping is free on items over $99

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”