Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Manual help

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
RichardSp
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver aft cabin

Manual help

Postby RichardSp » October 26th, 2021, 3:47 pm

Hello, I'm a first time yacht buyer and just bought a 1988 carver 3607 aft cabin. It has some problems and I'm trying to find some sort of overhaul manual (with explosive view diagrams) so I can replace the old broken parts with something at least not broken and have part numbers. I've search the internet and can't find anything outside of the service manual. Can anyone help me with this task? I feel like I've been everywhere.

Thank you,

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Manual help

Postby km1125 » October 26th, 2021, 4:08 pm

You won't find an all-inclusive one. You might find individual ones for different components on the boat (engines, transmissions, etc) but not one that covers everything.

What kinds of things are giving you trouble? This site has a lot of resources (folks who have or had a similar boat) and are willing to share what they've learned!

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » October 26th, 2021, 8:57 pm

Welcome aboard Richard. Congrats on your new purchase. Ya it's unlikely that you'll find an all encompassing manual with that kind of detail. You may find that for some of the equipment from their respective manufacturers though such as engines, air conditioners, generator, appliances, and other hardware. The best you'll find on the boat build will be very general information and diagrams if they were available at all. Start a thread for an item you'd like to get info about or need help with diagnosing a problem and it's likely that someone here will have the info you need.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » October 26th, 2021, 11:32 pm

Yep, tell us what you are looking for. Chances are real good someone will point you in the right direction. FYI, 30 year old part numbers might not be valid any longer.

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Postby waybomb » October 27th, 2021, 12:45 pm

Welcome aboard!
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

RichardSp
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby RichardSp » October 27th, 2021, 4:40 pm

Thank you all for the responses I honestly didnt think I would get a reply so fast. Lol what I'm looking for is like I think there's parts missing like lights, wooden pieces, and some of the plexiglass hardware for example.

This yacht was foreclosed and left to rot, so I'm trying to basically redo what i can but I'm new to the boating industry so I'm going in kinda blind.

I'm acually a aircraft technician so I'm use to seeing a overhaul manual for all components with explosive views with part numbers.

Parts i can name off my head arr windows, lights, chairs, and I guess wooden pieces or atleast the dimensions so I can make them myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RichardSp on October 27th, 2021, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RichardSp
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby RichardSp » October 27th, 2021, 4:41 pm

I can send more pics but I didn't want to overwhelm the thread

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » October 27th, 2021, 4:53 pm

More pictures are good. Post as many as you can... we like pictures. :) That boat will clean up nice and can be made to look like new (or better than new!)

That plexiglass around the aft deck I don't believe is original equipment. Looks like someone had that made.

I had an older version of that same boat (an '83) and it was also a repo. I tracked down the original owner and he was nice enough to give me whatever he had left in his possession, which included the original owner's manual in the binder. There are several others on here have have various years of 3607, so if you're missing some parts someone is likely to have pictures of what used to be there.

RichardSp
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby RichardSp » October 28th, 2021, 4:25 pm

Cool thanks yeah the original owner disappeared but I do have the service manuals still. I'll definitely post more pics once I get around to it.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”