Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forward head shower drain hose

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Captain Ed
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3607. Twin 350 HP Crusader engines.

Forward head shower drain hose

Postby Captain Ed » December 4th, 2021, 8:35 am

Hello, first time on the Carver site. I’m asking for advice on replacing the forward head shower sump drain hose. I don’t see any access to the hose at the starboard thru hull drain on my 3607. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Forward head shower drain hose

Postby km1125 » December 4th, 2021, 9:34 am

If it's like mine was (an older 3607), then the shower sump runs aft from the pump to the bulkhead by the fwd bilge pump (right under the stairs), then it goes through the bulkhead with the hose from the bilge pump, runs along the bulkhead towards the starboard side, then combines with the galley sink before it heads to the overboard discharge, which sits right in front of the starboard tank. The forward bilge hose runs parralel but right to its overboard discharge right near the galley discharge (which is also near the engine room bilge discharge).

Access right at the overboard discharges would be difficult, especially if you have a generator installed. With a long skinny arm you should be able to reach them in front of the starboard tank though. You might need a smaller person to climb into the engine compartment ahead of the starboard engine to do so.

However, if it's JUST the shower sump hose, then note above that it is tied into the galley line and this happens right in front of the starboard engine on the bulkhead. That part should be fairly easy to access.

Topic author United States of America
Captain Ed
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3607. Twin 350 HP Crusader engines.

Re: Forward head shower drain hose

Postby Captain Ed » December 4th, 2021, 10:33 am

Well I do have a Kohler 7.5 K generator installed and your right access is very difficult. I guess I’m going to see if I can get my wife to help me access that hose. I did not know that it tied into the galley drain so maybe it will be a little easier to get to. Thank you so much for your reply and your help.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”